Monday, August 12, 2013

The Cave

We have a cave.  Ok really, it's a root cellar underneath the meat shed.  But my grandparents always called it a cave and that sounds way more awesome, so I am going to keep calling it the cave.  The cave was built by my grandfather in the late 70's to hold pickles, jam, other canned goods and homemade wine. 

When we arrived here this summer, after an unusually wet season, the cave was musty, dusty and full of water.  I decided that cleaning out this building was going to require some extreme measures.  I was going to have to take off my flip flops and put on some boots!

And so that is what I did.  It took several hours of me working in the cave while the kids "helped" their daddy upstairs in the meat shed, but now it is all ready to be restocked.  Canning is something the hubby and I have enjoyed for years, so we are looking forward to trying out all those new recipes and methods that Pinterest has introduced to us.



Here's me not wearing flip flops.

2 comments: