Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fresh n Fruity dessert

Sometimes after the kids go to bed, I need a little sweet treat.  Since the cave is full of apples we picked and the neighbor brought us some amazing peaches a couple weeks ago, I decided something fruity was in order. But I didn't want to spend a lot of time making pie, so i decided to throw together a crumb topping and bake the fruit.  Check out how I did this!

Baked Fruit Crisp
4 apples/peaches (8 halves)
4 Tblsp soft butter
4 Tblsp brown sugar
8 Tblsp rolled oats

Core apples.  Slice each peach and/or apple in half.  Combine butter, brown sugar and rolled oats.  Mix until combined.  Place fruit halves, skin side down, on baking sheet.  Top each half with a heaping Tblsp of crumb topping.  Bake at 375* for about 20 minutes, or until fruit is tender.  Serve warm with ice cream.

You can use any crumb/crisp topping that you like.  It would be great with chopped pecans or a little cinnamon!  And I'll bet it would be great with other fruits like plums and pears.  If you are making a single serving, you can bake this in a toaster oven.

I promise to work on my food photography skills...

but believe me, this is delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment