Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hershey’s new Chocolate Almond Spread

I am a huge fan of Hershey's.  In fact, I use Hershey's unsweetened cocoa almost every single day to make hot cocoa.  It has just the right chocolate flavor and I can adjust the sweetness myself.  I am also a huge fan of Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread). So when the Hershey's Chocolate Almond Spread arrived in the mail from Crowdtap, I had high expectations.


I decided to try the Hershey's spread with a wide variety of foods.  So I set up a little smorgasbord for the family.  I melted some of the spread and drizzled it over Chex cereal and  popcorn.  We dipped pretzels, potato chips, corn chips, pecans and almonds into the chocolate spread.  I mixed it into warm milk to make hot chocolate and I spread it on ritz crackers and with cream cheese on a tortilla.  The Hershey's spread was a huge success with the under 10 crowd.  Hubby was pleased with it as well.  I enjoyed the spread, it has that signature Hershey's chocolate taste I love, but honestly it was lacking in almond flavor.  Overall it is a good product that I would probably buy in the future if the kids ask, but for myself.  I will stick with Nutella.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment